[Coral-List] Looking for a job?

James Hendee jim.hendee at noaa.gov
Wed Jan 22 07:59:03 EST 2014

Greetings!

    From time to time we get folks wanting to post their resume;
unfortunately, we can't do that (see Dec 8, 2005 message below).
However, in a follow-up message (below) on December 14, 2005, I did post
a list of URLs that were valid at the time, where you can post your
resume.  I have no idea if that list is still good, but it sure would be
helpful to our readership if "somebody" did update that list and correct
old URLs.

    Also, note that you can search the archives for the more recent
Coral-List postings with this Google Search Engine term (or replace
"job" with "employment" or "position" or whatever):

    site://coral.aoml.noaa.gov/pipermail/coral-list/ job

    Hope this helps!

    Cheers,
    Jim

Posted on December 8, 2005

Greetings,

    As you know, job opportunities in coral and other marine research
are occasionally posted on coral-list, and it is a great personal reward
when people tell me that coral-list has helped them land a job.  That's
why I am a little ambivalent about the flip-side of the coin:  job
seekers posting their desires for employment on coral-list.  On the one
hand, there aren't that many jobs posted; on the other hand, there are
lots of folks out there looking for work and we all know how painful it
is to be out of work.  Yet I fear that coral-list might possibly become
overloaded with job-seeker's posting of resumes, while the majority of
subscribers can't do much to help.  So, unless there is a great hue and
cry, I'm afraid I'll have to ask that personal job resumes not be posted
to the list.

    Sorry...Jim

Posted December 14, 2005

Okay, coral fans, here are some places you can post your resume to a
wide marine research audience:

    http://www.mtronline.net/mt/mtJob.aspx
    http://www.environmentalcareer.info/jobseekers/index.asp
    http://libwww.syr.edu/research/internet/earth/jobs.html