[Coral-List] Summer Workshop

Claire Hudson societyoceansciences at gmail.com
Sat Jan 25 06:25:03 EST 2014

San Salvador, Bahamas
Tropical Marine Biology Expedition
June 14-21, 2014
Opportunity for Teachers

You are invited to participate in a Tropical Marine Biology Expedition to San Salvador, Bahamas. Noted shark biologist John Morrissey will be co-leading this trip, providing a unique opportunity to learn more about the natural history of Caribbean shark species.  We will snorkel twice a day exploring coral reefs, turtle grass beds, and mangrove swamps. During shore snorkels, we will observe the inhabitants of rocky and sandy beaches, as well as tidal caves. While on the island we will learn about the ecology of this region, its importance to man and how you can help conserve these vital habitats.

The ALL- INCLUSIVE cost to participate is $2,450
Cost includes: round-trip airfare from Washington DC region; food, lodging and all transportation on San Salvador; station fees; boat charter and naturalist/guides.

College credit: For an additional fee, college credit can be arranged through Hood College.

To read more and register for this trip please visit:http://societyoceansciences.org/teachers.html

Questions? Please reply to this thread or Contact Claire Hudson at Hudson at societyoceansciences.org or call 301-717-6175.

--
Claire Hudson