[Coral-List] any advice/help for setting up new C.I.T.E.S. research agreement?

Daniel Barshis barshis at hawaii.edu
Wed Jul 23 17:21:42 EDT 2014

Hi Listers,
     I'm hoping to begin the process of getting CITES approval to ship live
corals from French Polynesia to Virginia and was hoping to get some advice
on how to begin the process for a new institution that doesn't have a CITES
agreement currently in place. I've found the general FWS forms page (
http://www.fws.gov/permits/applicationforms/ApplicationIJK.html) but was
curious if any listers had particular thoughts, advices, suggestions on how
to navigate/expedite the process. Any help would be much appreciated.
Many thanks,
dan

--

  Daniel Barshis, Ph.D.