[Coral-List] updated coral transcriptome annotations

Mikhail Matz matz at utexas.edu
Mon Jul 28 19:59:01 EDT 2014

Hello fellow coral genomicists,

We have observed that our previous annotations of the four coral transcriptomes (Acropora millepora, Acropora hyacinthus, Acropora tennis, and Porites astreoides) contained a bit too many spuriously assigned gene names and GO terms. So in the latest annotation round, we were more stringent and used pre-filtered Acropora digitifera proteome annotations from ZoophyteBase ( http://bioserv7.bioinfo.pbf.hr/Zoophyte/registration/login.jsp ) as well as Nematostella vectensis proteome annotations from the Joint Genome Institute.

The annotation now include gene names, GO, KOG and KEGG terms, plus extracted protein coding sequences and their translations based on blastx results.

More details on the annotation procedure and links to transcriptome zips can be found here:
http://www.bio.utexas.edu/research/matz_lab/matzlab/Data.html

cheers

Misha

--------
Mikhail V. Matz
Associate Professor
University of Texas at Austin
Department of Integrative Biology
205 W 24th ST C0990
Austin, Texas 78712
phone 512-992-8086 cell, 512-475-6424 lab
fax 512-471-3878
web http://www.bio.utexas.edu/research/matz_lab