[Coral-List] moderation note re: politics, personal disagreements

Mike Jankulak mike.jankulak at noaa.gov
Wed Jun 4 10:41:36 EDT 2014

coral-listers,

As you may be aware, moderation duties occasionally pass from one team member to another, and since moderation is always a subjective call, you will see different calls made by different moderators.  It is inevitable that some posters will feel singled out for rejection while similar posts by others are approved.  We are not being judged according to the same standards!, you might feel.  Well that is quite literally true, and for obvious reasons.

In the coming days some list moderation will be done by yours truly, and it is my inclination to cut back on discussions that are purely political or overtly hostile to other members of the list.  This doesn't mean that my moderation calls are better or worse than what's come before, but they may be different.  Some discussions might be interrupted temporarily unless they can be brought back to focus more completely on one or more of the topics listed here:

I generally sign my moderation comments, so you will know who to contact if you wish to dispute any particular call.  And you can always contact the entire moderation team, myself included, by addressing your remarks to <coral-list-owner at coral.aoml.noaa.gov>.

I thank you for your patience in this matter, and I assure you that the graceful and careful moderation style you have grown accustomed to will return shortly.

cheers,
Mike J+

--
Mike Jankulak, Systems Administrator, University of Miami / CIMAS
NOAA / Atlantic Oceanographic Meteorological Laboratory