[Coral-List] coral disease training at 3rd Asia-Pacific Coral Reef Symposium

Greta Aeby greta at hawaii.edu
Fri Jun 20 17:29:07 EDT 2014

Aloha colleagues,

We will be offering a free coral disease identification training during the
mini-symposium #8 "Coral disease in the Asia-Pacific Region" at the

*3rd Asia-Pacific Coral Reef Symposium *being held next week (June 23-27,
2014) at the Howard Hotel, Pingtung, Taiwan.

We will also be introducing the newly formed group the *"Action Network for
Coral Health and Resilience (ANCH&R)".  *

  There are many communities living on islands and atolls throughout the
Indo-Pacific that depend on healthy reefs for their survival. Resources to
identify and understand coral diseases are limited in many regions and thus
ANCH&R was formed to address this need.  ANCH&R aims to facilitate efforts
to improve information on the types and extent of coral diseases, document
baseline levels of disease, and identify risk factors for disease
outbreaks. We also aim to offer practical tools and decision frameworks for
managers allowing them to mitigate disease outbreaks.

If you are interested in learning more, the training session is being
held *Wednesday
(june 25) from 14:30-15:30, Room M102*

Co-chairs:  Greta Aeby and Laurie Raymundo