[Coral-List] New paper on overpopulation

Camilo Mora cmora at dal.ca
Mon Mar 10 18:56:11 EDT 2014

Dear colleagues,

I wish to share with you a recent review paper I have written about
the issue of population growth. It reviews nearly 200 publications
(~75% from the last 10 years) to illustrate the case that there will
be little chance to fix key sociology-economic (e.g., unemployment,
public debt, food, water, health and education scarcity), biodiversity
loss and climate issues without dealing with our natality. I
anticipate that it is a risky paper but hopefully will get people
interested on the issue once again.

The paper can be found here:
http://www.ecologyandsociety.org/vol19/iss1/art38/ES-2013-6320.pdf

Cheers,

Camilo

Camilo Mora, Ph.D.
Department of Geography, University of Hawaii
Currently available in Colombia
Phone:   Country code: 57
          Provider code: 313
          Phone 776 2282