[Coral-List] Identification of MicroRNAs in the Coral Stylophora pistillata

Christian R Voolstra christian.voolstra at kaust.edu.sa
Sun Mar 23 10:31:54 EDT 2014

Dear friends and colleagues,

let me allow to draw your attention to our recent paper that identified microRNAs in the coral Stylophora pistillata.

In this study, we examined the smRNAome and Transcriptome for the presence of miRNAs and the corresponding core protein machinery required for miRNA processing and function. We present evidence for 31 bona fide microRNAs, 5 of which (miR-100, miR-2022, miR-2023, miR-2030, and miR-2036) are conserved in other metazoans. Homologues of Argonaute, Piwi, Dicer, Drosha, Pasha, and HEN1 were identified in the transcriptome based on strong sequence conservation with known RNAi proteins.

Transcriptome assembly, annotation, and protein sequences are available as supplemental files.

http://www.plosone.org/article/info%3Adoi%2F10.1371%2Fjournal.pone.0091101

Thank you,
Chris

Assistant Professor of Marine Science