[Coral-List] 4th CORE Symposium 2014 (13 June 2014, ZMT - Bremen, DE)

Marianna Mea marianna.mea at gmail.com
Wed May 7 08:17:44 EDT 2014

Dear Colleagues,

We are glad to invite you to attend the upcoming 4th CORE Symposium 2014, which will take place at Leibniz Center for Tropical Marine Ecology (ZMT, Bremen, Germany) on 13 June 2014.
The symposium scientific programme will be focused on coral reef ecology with specific topics ranging from ecosystem biodiversity and symbioses of organisms to impacts of local and global environmental change.

We are very pleased to announce the following invited speakers:

Jörg Wiedenmann (Professor at University of Southampton; Head of the Marine Biotechnology Laboratory and the Coral Laboratory at the NOCS): Impacts of nutrient enrichment on reef corals
Alexander Venn (Senior scientist at the Centre Scientifique de Monaco): The role of pH regulation in coral symbiosis and biomineralization
Nick Polunin (Professor of Marine Environmental Science at the School of Marine Science & Technology Newcastle University): Corals: Achilles’ heel of the reef ecosystem?
Annika Guse (Leader of the group Molecular Basis of Coral Symbiosis at the Centre for Organismal Studies, Heidelberg): Aiptasia: A laboratory system to dissect the molecular basis of coral symbiosis

The full scientific programme is available at http://coresymposium.wordpress.com/programme/

Attendance is free of charge and limited to a maximum number of 30 people based upon registration order.
Registration is possible under the link http://coresymposium.wordpress.com/registration/ until 23 May 2014.

Please be so kind as to forward this message to all scientists that could be interested.
We are looking forward to receiving your registration.

Best wishes,
Marianna Mea
(on behalf of the 4th CORE Symposium 2014 organizing committee)

—
CORE Symposium Technical Secretariat

coresymposium at gmail.com
http://coresymposium.wordpress.com

Leibniz-Zentrum für Marine Tropenökologie (ZMT) GmbH
Bremen