[Coral-List] LAST MINUTE SCHOLARSHIPS AVAILABLE - 2014 SCIENCE under SAIL - Marine Science Sailing Expeditions for College Students

Robin T. Smith, PhD robin at scienceundersail.com
Fri May 16 08:41:51 EDT 2014

ANNOUNCEMENT: 2 SCHOLARSHIPS AVAILABLE-   2014 SCIENCE under SAIL - Marine Science Sailing Expeditions for College Students

Through the generosity of a local sponsor, we have 2 SUBSTANTIAL SCHOLARSHIPS available to fill 2 remaining positions aboard this summer's Expeditions.

DETAILS: Since we’re already in final preparation phase for the Expedition, we must expedite these awards and finalize the Teams by next week before our team departs Florida to sail research gear and supplies over to the Bahamas. Scholarships will be awarded to 2 outstanding applicants to fill the 2 remaining positions aboard. Since there is not enough time for the formal application process, if you're interested in joining the Expedition and want to be considered for a scholarship, simply email info at scienceundersail.com so we can set up a phone or Skype interview.  Serious inquiries only, as the remainder of the tuition will be due immediately upon acceptance of the scholarship.

REQUISITES: The Scholarships are available for TWO high-performing College Students to complete our 2014 Expedition Teams for Science under Sail’s Expedition EXU2014 in Exuma, Bahamas. The Expedition sets sail on June 21, leaving Elizabeth Harbour and heading north up the archipelago to perform research on coral reefs and establish the infrastructure for a long-term survey and monitoring program in Exuma. We offer two legs. Expedition Leg 1 June 21 - July 4th (2 weeks) and Expedition Leg 2 July 6 - July 26th (3 weeks). *Participation is open to College Students and graduating high-school seniors 18+ (gap year students welcome)

AWARDS:

Expedition Leg 1 tuition cost $5,200 (2 weeks)
Scholarship award amount - $2,400 (1 available ) = tuition balance of $2,800 (due upon acceptance of award)

Expedition Leg 2 Tuition Cost $7,800 (3 weeks)
Scholarship award amount - $3,600 (1 available) = tuition balance of $4,200 (due upon acceptance of award)

Please Note: tuition cost does not include airfare and DAN insurance to come aboard

Mission objectives and detailed program information can be found at: www.scienceundersail.com

For a visual representation of EXU2014 mission objectives, please visit our latest blog post at:  scienceundersail.com/summer camp or serious about science

If you have any questions regarding the Scholarships and/or the Expeditions, please contact us at: info at scienceundersail.com

Science under Sail pioneers innovative marine-science field study programs for college students combined with a unique modern mentorship program. Our vision is to empower the next generation of ocean ambassadors by engaging students with experts aboard sailing-based research and education expeditions throughout the Caribbean.

Robin T. Smith, PhD
Director, Science under Sail, Inc.
www.scienceundersail.com
facebook.com/thecouragetosea