[Coral-List] IPCC and coral reefs

Steve Mussman sealab at earthlink.net
Fri May 16 15:06:17 EDT 2014

   Dear Gene,
   I don't exactly know what you meant by your comment that "we both pretty
   much know where most coral reef scientists heads are. I would not expect
   them to read the NIPCC report even thou it has a large coral reef section
   based on peer reviewed literature".
   I find that coral scientists' heads are pretty much all over the map. They
   don't seem to be particularly inclined to group-think. As for The NIPCC, I
   find it troubling that anyone (especially someone with a science background)
   would attempt to favorably compare their list of lead authors and academic
   references to that of the IPCC.  No offense meant, but regardless of one's
   ideological predisposition,  to make that case borders on the absurd.  Steve