[Coral-List] The public, wikipedia, holocene temperatures

Ulf Erlingsson ceo at lindorm.com
Wed May 28 19:33:13 EDT 2014

Good point, Wikipedia is the #1 stop for most nowadays, and the expert who doesn't help edit Wikipedia on his topic can (often) only blame himself if people get misinformed. There is just one exception that I have found, but it doesn't concern the natural sciences: There is clearly a politicly motivated bias in articles relating to Venezuela, kept in place by an organized effort who block any attempt to correct the propaganda. Hence, Wikipedia is vulnerable to deliberate misinformation. The "good guys" need to be as organized and deliberate as those who have an interest in misinforming. Relying on voluntary editors against an organized group intent on misinforming is not going to cut it.

Ulf Erlingsson