[Coral-List] coral bleaching on Dongsha Atoll, South China Sea

Anne Cohen acohen at whoi.edu
Fri May 30 14:54:02 EDT 2014

Folks

Loggers deployed by my team conducting a Net Ecosystem Calcification
(NEC) study on Dongsha Atoll recorded a 4 degree hike in SST between May
9th and May 23rd on the east reef flat, and bleaching of massive
Porites. They continue to track the event, both reef conditions and
coral responses. More details and photos of the bleaching and our
activities on Dongsha are blogged here: http://dongsha2014.blogspot.com/.

For a regional perspective on the current SST anomaly see
http://coralreefwatch.noaa.gov/satellite/vs/index.php

Anne.