[Coral-List] Masters Degree: Marine, Coastal, & Atmospheric Science & Policy (UM/RSMAS)

MPS RSMAS mps.rsmas at gmail.com
Mon Nov 10 10:50:19 EST 2014

The Master of Professional Science degree, offered at University of Miami's
Rosenstiel School of Marine and Atmospheric Science (
http://www.rsmas.miami.edu), is intended for students interested in
generating innovative solutions to marine, coastal and climate related
issues.  Our students are exposed to a unique, multidisciplinary and
applied curriculum, including science theory, field and laboratory
training, legal and regulatory knowledge, communication and media training,
and the development of business savvy.

We prepare our students for science careers in industry, government, and
non-profit organizations, where employment demands are growing. The
curriculum is structured to allow students to complete their degree in as
few as 12 months, with the training and real-world experience necessary to
prepare them for careers in today’s professional science job market..

The *degree programs *offered in fall 2015 include:

*Marine & Coastal Science*

*       Applied Remote Sensing

*       Aquaculture

*       Coastal Sustainability

*       Coastal Zone Management

*       Exploration Science

*       Fisheries Management and Conservation

*       Marine Conservation

*       Marine Mammal Science

*       Tropical Marine Ecosystem Management

*       Joint JD/MPS

*Ocean, Atmosphere, and Climate Science*

*       Broadcast Meteorology

*       Computational Meteorology and Oceanography

*       Natural Hazard and Catastrophe Analytics

*       Weather, Climate and Society

*       Weather Forecasting

We will begin evaluating applications for fall 2015 on February 1st, 2015,
and this will continue on a rolling basis until June 1st, 2015.  *For more
information regarding how to apply, coursework, pre-requisites and much
more, *please visit the program website - http://mps.rsmas.miami.edu/,
visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/Rosenstiel.ScienceMasters, and
download the attachment.