[Coral-List] Reminiscences about Australian reef science in the early days

Peter Sale sale at uwindsor.ca
Sun Nov 23 18:35:41 EST 2014

I have just posted some reminiscences about my early days doing coral reef
research on Heron Island and talking about the wonders that a coral reef
can offer to the scientist who takes the time to look, listen and
question.  I've used Ross Robertson's pioneering discoveries concerning
the social lives of the cleaner wrasse, Labroides dimidiatus.  It's
amazing what you can learn on a coral reef with a slate, a pencil, a pair
of eyes, and a brain.  Today, too few of us spend enough time in the field
to actually discover what it is we are doing research on.  The post is at
www.petersalebooks.com/?p=1766

Peter Sale

University Professor Emeritus
University of Windsor