[Coral-List] An observation, Sargassum weed washing up on St. Croix beaches

Doug Wilson - NOAA Affiliate doug.wilson at noaa.gov
Thu Oct 2 16:13:54 EDT 2014

Thanks to CariCOOS (http://www.caricoos.org), UPR, and UVI, there are some
useful observing assets - including 6 buoys - in the PR/VI region.
Here is a link (hope dropbox works...I can email if not)
https://db.tt/wnjSksZP
to Surface Salinity, March 2014 to present, from the UVI A buoy a few miles
S of Charlotte Amalie, STT.
I don't know if this is visible on satellite images, but this is the the
sort of significant salinity signal usually associated with Orinoco R water
at this time of the year.

Doug Wilson
Caribbean wind LLC
Project Coordinator, IOCARIBE-GOOS