[Coral-List] Tropicalization session at ASLO 2015, Granada

fionamedes fionamedes at gmail.com
Tue Oct 7 07:40:32 EDT 2014

Apologies for cross posting

Dear colleagues, the abstract submission deadlines for ASLO is this
Friday October 10th,
We would like to draw your attention to this session that we are organizing:

SESSION 064: SHIFTING SPECIES INTERACTIONS AND THE TROPICALIZATION OF
TEMPERATE MARINE ECOSYSTEMS
As the climate is changing and temperate oceans warm, marine species are
shifting their distribution and tropical species are beginning to
establish populations on temperate marine systems. This tropicalisation
of temperate marine systems is now occurring in a number of places
globally, especially in locations where warming is exacerbated by strong
poleward- flowing western boundary currents that transport tropical
larvae into temperate waters. This session will serve as a platform to
report on: (i) Species range shifts from tropical to temperate systems,
(ii) Ecological impacts of tropical species in temperate systems, (iii)
Tropical-temperate transition zones: biology, ecology and oceanography.

We look forward to your participation in this exciting meeting

Fiona