[Coral-List] Why we are failing to protect coral reefs

Ulf Erlingsson ceo at lindorm.com
Mon Oct 27 10:25:07 EDT 2014

The past summer we read how the dredging of Miami harbor has led to siltation on the coral reefs. Several centimeters of silt was measured. There was no instrument deployed to measure the siltation. Can someone explain why there were no instruments deployed to measure the siltation on coral reefs that are just outside the harbor? If the environmental protection agencies cannot even protect a reef outside their own back yard, when the technology is available in the same city, then what hope is there? Whose fault is this obvious failure of action?

Ulf Erlingsson, Ph.D.
President and CEO
Lindorm, Inc.
10699 NW 123 St Rd