[Coral-List] Why we are failing to repair coral reefs

dagzav at yahoo.com dagzav at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 28 12:02:03 EDT 2014

“A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.”
 ― Winston S. Churchill

     On Monday, October 27, 2014 1:34 PM, Georgina Bustamante <gbustamante09 at gmail.com> wrote:

 Dear coral scientists and managers,

I am a reef fish ecologist that coordinates a network of marine protected
area practitioners and had a vibrant capacity building program for
strengthening marine managed areas. We expect them to help restore coastal
ecosystems. We also assist young fishers to transit to  alternative
livelihoods to reduce fishing  pressure  and become allies of those MMAs.

Thise young people  have decades ahead, so I want  (and prefer)  to convey
messages to stimulate their creativity rather than the depressive side of
their brain. It also keeps me young.

Do you have any advice for me?

Georgina Bustamante, Ph.D.
Coordinator

Caribbean  Marine Protected Area Management (CaMPAM) Network and Forum
The UNEP-CEP capacity building program for MPA managers and stakeholders

GCFI Board of Directors (www.gcfi.org)

Hollywood, Florida, USA
Tel./fax (request) +1 (954) 963-3626
Mobile +1 (305) 297-6995