[Coral-List] threatened coral Can we tell them apart?

Esther Peters estherpeters at verizon.net
Mon Sep 1 16:19:08 EDT 2014

This is a great idea, Steve! I also highly recommend examining
histological samples to see if there are soft tissue characters that
might be helpful in their identification, as well as understanding their
reproductive cycles, which might also distinguish them as valid species.
This "phenotypic anchoring" is crucial for interpreting molecular data,
and will be a good application in this taxonomic investigation.

Esther Peters
George Mason University