[Coral-List] Coral spawning indicator?

Deborah Burn deborah.burn at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 18 07:15:40 EDT 2014

Dear all,
Quick question:We have seen table corals (A.hyacinthus) producing a lot of mucus, but only on the margins where colonies are fusing/fighting.Normally at this reef, we don't see this, but today every colony was doing it, which was very interesting. We were wondering what could be causing it? Colonies are in North Male Atoll at a dive site called Banana Reef at 5-10m depth- observed at 5pm on 18th September.We were wondering if it might be a spawning indicator? Any suggestions welcome!
Thanks,Debs