[Coral-List] Info about mass mortality of echinoderms

Isabelle Côté imcote at sfu.ca
Tue Sep 23 18:26:24 EDT 2014

Hello coral listers,

We're currently compiling a global database of mass mortality events of echinoderms. We have a fair bit of info already about older (pre-2000) events but relatively little about events that have occurred in the past 15 years or so. If you have witnessed or are aware of recent (i.e. post-2000) mortality events affecting seastars, urchins or sea cucumbers, anywhere in the world, please let me ( imcote at sfu.ca ) or Jessica Schultz ( jessica.schultz at vanaqua.org ) know. Many thanks.

Isabelle

Dr Isabelle Côté
Professor of Marine Ecology
Department of Biological Sciences
Simon Fraser University
Burnaby, BC
V5A 1S6
Canada

tel. +1-778-782-3705 (direct), 782-4475 (secretary)
fax +1-778-782-3496
http://www.sfu.ca/biology/faculty/cote

'I am very busy with the Zoology of the Sea; the treasures of the deep to a naturalist are indeed inexhaustible.'
Charles Darwin, The Voyage of Beagle