[Coral-List] Majuro dredging saga

Dean Jacobson atolldino at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 1 13:48:15 EDT 2015

  Its been exactly a year since I left Majuro (fired from my job at CMI after being jailed on a false accusation), and a year minus one day that I dove on the "Picnic Reef" that was saved from being dredged by FAA intervention (thanks to help from this List!).  I've been lecturing here in Spokane, getting good receptions.  I just posted a video telling the tale and showing a Gopro segment of this reef.  I hope that locals on Majuro will consider how close one of the best remaining lagoon reefs came to oblivion, and chart a better course (and restore part of the picnic reef that was in fact dredged, in violation of FAA instructions).  I've been unemployed for 14 months, and am facing financial difficulties... any openings at NGOs or educational facilities would be of interest!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bRx0in8jEA
Cheers,Dean Jacobson, PhDSpokane Washington.