[Coral-List] [EXTERNAL] Re: conservation vs wildlife viewing/interaction

Steve Mussman sealab at earthlink.net
Thu Apr 30 13:40:12 EDT 2015

I am not advocating for a draconian regulatory regime. In a more perfect world, the industry would take appropriate action on their own. Historically, strict mandatory regulations are not imposed until the situation reaches a critical mass. I hope that it never comes to that, but again, denying that a problem exists doesn't bode well for any attempt at avoiding regulatory oversight. That's exactly why I believe that the diving industry would be better served by being proactive in this regard.   Steve