[Coral-List] 2bRAD Workshop - Aug 9-17, 2015 - Catalina Island, CA

Eli Meyer eli.meyer at science.oregonstate.edu
Thu Apr 30 14:38:44 EDT 2015

Hi Colleagues,

We are happy to announce we will be offering our 2bRAD genotyping workshop
again this coming August on Catalina Island, California. This is not
limited to coral biology but certainly applicable (last year about 1/3 of
participants studied Cnidarians).

The goal of our workshop is to train biologists with little or no NGS
experience to prepare and analyze 2bRAD samples for genetic analysis.
Participants will arrive with DNA samples from their own study systems, and
we will prepare sequencing libraries together from those samples as well as
a shared set of samples for a group project. Participants will also learn
to analyze these data using simple command line tools on a high-performance
computing cluster. Altogether, we’ll cover the process from raw genomic DNA
to a finished genotype matrix.

Registration costs $1700, which includes room and board (three meals a day,
coffee, and snacks), and also covers enough reagents and sequencing that
each participant can sequence and analyze 10 of their own samples.

For more information, including information from last year’s workshop,
please see my laboratory website:

http://people.oregonstate.edu/~meyere/workshops.html

To reserve your spot, please contact workshop coordinator Demian Willette (
dwillet at calstatela.edu) or myself (eli.meyer at science.oregonstate.edu) with
"2bRAD workshop 2015" in the subject line. Space is limited! To reserve
your spot, please confirm your participation no later than May 31st and pay
registration fee no later than June 30th.

Thanks, hope to see some of you on Catalina this summer,

-Eli

--
Eli Meyer
Assistant Professor