[Coral-List] Help For Indonesia Marine Policies Guardian article - coral planting campaign

johnny langenheim johnnylangenheim at gmail.com
Fri Aug 21 05:19:46 EDT 2015

Dear listers,

I'm a journalist and producer currently managing the Coral Triangle
<http://thecoraltriangle.com/>website and writing a Coral Triangle themed blog
for the Guardian <http://www.theguardian.com/environment/the-coral-triangle>
..

I'm writing about Indonesia's marine policies - enforcement, coral planting
etc. for a new article - and wondered if anyone could comment on the recent
'Save Our Littoral Life' campaign which involves the Indonesian navy and
other participants planting, I quote 'one million coral reefs.'

I have a few questions about the campaign and its efficacy. Where are these
corals being sourced? How effective is coral planting in regenerating
damaged reefs and depleted fisheries?

Minister Susi Pudjiastuti has been making some big moves and many that are
very positive - but I'd like to get an expert view on how this impacts
ecosystems and livelihoods.

Hope you guys can help!

Johnny

--