[Coral-List] Job Posting - PhD Coral Restoration Ecology Scientist (Little Cayman)

Kristi Foster kfoster at nova.edu
Mon Aug 31 13:14:54 EDT 2015

The Central Caribbean Marine Institute seeks to hire a PhD level coral scientist who will lead our coral restoration ecology projects and will develop innovative research into the resilience and regeneration of corals reefs.  This research will be based at the Little Cayman Research Centre where we have the first coral nursery established in the Cayman Islands, a NOAA Coral Reef Early Warning System (CREWS) data collection system, and a wet lab designed for manipulative aquaria experiments using ocean water from our house reef.

A description of the duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required may be found at
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Tu4PymSdGxgb9YielxkSyqo83dHSJObYzcCLEXS_syQ/edit?usp=sharing

This position works full-time out of the Little Cayman Research Centre.   Marine protection has been in place since the mid-1980’s making this an ideal location for coral reef research.   This position requires an individual who is capable of working under strenuous conditions and who is well-adapted to living in a small community on a remote tropical island with less than 200 people.   It should be noted that due to the size of the island and the infrastructure, family support is limited.

Please submit your application by Sept 15, 2015 at kfoster at reefresearch.org..  The preferred start date in Little Cayman is Oct 15, 2015.