[Coral-List] ICRS Session on Coral Bleaching

Dr. C. Mark Eakin mark.eakin at noaa.gov
Sat Dec 5 22:13:55 EST 2015

We are currently in the midst of a global coral bleaching event that has been ongoing since June 2014 and, with the currently strong El Niño, is likely to continue in 2016. We encourage you to propose presentations on the extent of bleaching you have observed, management responses to this or other bleaching events, and how information obtained on bleaching can be used to enhance coral reef resilience in the face of climate change.

See: 30 - Coral Bleaching: Monitoring, Management Responses and Resilience
https://www.sgmeet.com/icrs2016/sessionschedule.asp?SessionID=30 <https://www.sgmeet.com/icrs2016/sessionschedule.asp?SessionID=30>

The latest mailing from the organizers set January 15 as the deadline for abstracts.

Cheers,
Mark
C. Mark Eakin, Ph.D.
Coordinator, NOAA Coral Reef Watch
Center for Satellite Applications and Research
Satellite Oceanography & Climate Division
e-mail: mark.eakin at noaa.gov
url: coralreefwatch.noaa.gov

NOAA Center for Weather and Climate Prediction (NCWCP)
5830 University Research Ct., E/RA32
College Park, MD 20740
Office: (301) 683-3320     Fax: (301) 683-3301
Mobile: (301) 502-8608    SOCD Office: (301) 683-3300

“We’re the first generation to feel the impact of climate change & the last generation that can do something about it.”
President Barack Obama, August 3, 2015