[Coral-List] Educational Video Explaining Coral Basics

Booth, Charles E. (Biology) booth at easternct.edu
Mon Dec 7 13:41:36 EST 2015

Forgot to mention these:

This is excellent, if you are able to view it (I don’t know if it is open
access):

			Observing the Coral Symbiome Using Laser Scanning Confocal Microscopy
http://video.sciencemag.org/Featured/2126970701001/1
(http://video.sciencemag.org/VideoLab)

Also, the Howard Hughes Medical Institute’s Biointeractive web site (open
access) has a couple of short videos on corals and reefs from its
Biodiversity in the Age of Humans lecture
(http://www.hhmi.org/biointeractive/biodiversity-age-humans) - they are
quite good, though not really basic coral biology:

Steve Palumbi & Megan Morikawa Study Coral Reef Damage in American Samoa

http://www.hhmi.org/biointeractive/steve-palumbi-megan-morikawa-study-coral
-reef-damage-american-samoa

Ocean Species Respond to Climate Change

http://www.hhmi.org/biointeractive/ocean-species-respond-climate-change