[Coral-List] How do Florida Keys reef experts perceptions of ecological baselines differ? Survey respondents needed for dissertation research.

mmuldrow mmuldrow at masonlive.gmu.edu
Tue Dec 29 10:39:57 EST 2015

Recruitment Email
Dear Reef Community,

I am writing on behalf of Milton Muldrow Jr., a doctoral student in George Mason University's Environmental Science & Public Policy program, to request your help with an important project. As part Milton's dissertation to evaluate scientists' perceptions of reef restoration, marine protected areas and potential shifting baselines within the reef scientific community, we are conducting a survey of current Florida Keys reef experts to ask about their experiences and perceptions of that particular environment.  The survey is geared towards anyone working in a scientific capacity on issues related to the Florida Keys reef ecosystem, having at least 1 peer reviewed publication on any environmental topic related to the Florida Keys marine environment.

I know that this is a busy time of year for you, but I hope that you will take a moment to participate in this phone survey (15 minutes or more).  If you are interested, please simply send an e-mail to mmuldrow at masonlive.gmu.edu<mailto:mmuldrow at masonlive.gmu.edu> providing your name, phone number, and the best times to call.  Your answers will be completely confidential. The results of the survey will be reported in summary format, so again, no one will link you to your responses.

Thank you in advance for your participation in this important project. If you have any questions about the administration of the survey, please contact Milton Muldrow Jr., PhD Student for the Department of Environmental Science and Public policy at 540-507-8169 or mmuldrow at masonlive.gmu.edu<mailto:mmuldrow at masonlive.gmu.edu>.

Sincerely,

Dr. Robert Jonas
Chair, Environmental Science and Public Policy
George Mason University
rjonas at gmu.edu<mailto:rjonas at gmu.edu>