[Coral-List] please comment

Ulf Erlingsson ceo at lindorm.com
Thu Jul 2 15:50:49 EDT 2015

I don't know if you are aware, but in Ecuador they have passed a new law for the Galápagos that is intended to replace locally owned family hotels, restaurants and gift shops with international all-included resorts type Cancún, where the city has essentially died as a result, and locally produced handicrafts with cheaper products imported from the mainland.

This was the root cause for the protests in Ecuador, which started on the Galápagos (now militarized) and spread to the mainland with huge protest marches on June 25th, with President Correa ordering the shut-down of all TV stations and the taking off-line of all media websites to try to prevent the news from reaching the world. As I was logged in to the page of Operación Libertad Venezuela when this happened I received the calls for help from Ecuadoran activists. Check out https://www.facebook.com/OLEcuador for info, the protests in Ecuador are driven by the desire to protect the environment from destruction by a president who is heavily indebted to China.

Ulf Erlingsson, Ph.D.
President and CEO
Lindorm, Inc.
10699 NW 123 St Rd