[Coral-List] Spratly Island update

Mark Eakin mark.eakin at noaa.gov
Tue Jul 7 11:32:20 EDT 2015

Thanks for keeping up the pressure on this one, John.  Nice issue on the cover of today’s Washington Post weekly Health and Science section:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/health-science/what-happens-to-a-coral-reef-when-an-island-is-built-on-top/2015/07/06/d409493c-168b-11e5-9518-f9e0a8959f32_story.html <http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/health-science/what-happens-to-a-coral-reef-when-an-island-is-built-on-top/2015/07/06/d409493c-168b-11e5-9518-f9e0a8959f32_story.html>

Cheers,
Mark
C. Mark Eakin, Ph.D.
Coordinator, NOAA Coral Reef Watch
Center for Satellite Applications and Research
Satellite Oceanography & Climate Division
e-mail: mark.eakin at noaa.gov
url: coralreefwatch.noaa.gov

NOAA Center for Weather and Climate Prediction (NCWCP)
5830 University Research Ct., E/RA32
College Park, MD 20740
Office: (301) 683-3320     Fax: (301) 683-3301
Mobile: (301) 502-8608    SOCD Office: (301) 683-3300

“As we recognize the scientific evidence that the earth is experiencing a warming trend over the past 100 years and that this trend may have serious consequences for the future, we favor reducing carbon loading in the atmosphere as a bold forward step and a positive public value."
Congressman Newt Gingrich, A Contract with the Earth, 2007