[Coral-List] Inquiry about mangroves in Mesoamerica

Rich Wilson rich at seatoneconsulting.com
Mon Jul 13 17:58:57 EDT 2015

Greetings Colleagues and Friends,

Seatone Consulting and the World Resources Institute have partnered to
support the Mesoamerican Reef Leadership Program, specifically to design
and execute a series of training programs for young conservation
professionals in Mexico, Belize, Guatemala and Honduras. The program’s 2015
theme is conservation and valuation of mangrove ecosystems.

We are currently conducting a rapid mangrove literature review, with a
specific emphasis on the Mesoamerican Reef Ecoregion (MAR). We have been
identifying a range of useful material to support this review. *We would
appreciate any further assistance from colleagues and friends who could
help identify published papers, information on mangrove related programs,
or any other documentation that addresses the following as it relates to
mangroves in Mesoamerica:*

-Historical and current status, trends and overall condition of mangroves

-Past, present and emerging threats to mangroves

-Key groups and/or individuals working on mangrove conservation

-Success stories (or challenges) that have enhanced mangrove conservation

-Economic valuation studies of mangroves in the MAR or the Wider Caribbean

Finally, we are interested to conduct brief informational interviews via
Skype with mangrove experts in the region who wish to share information
about their work, inform our study, or perhaps support upcoming MAR
Leadership Program trainings.

Please feel free to share resources to the email below and/or let us know
if you would like to speak and share your expertise as it relates to the
protection, conservation and restoration of mangroves in the MAR.

Thanks in advance for your support!

Rich
--
*Rich Wilson, CPF*
Executive Director

*Inspired by the concept of an ecotone—where distinct ecological systems
meet and integrate—Seatone Consulting brings together people from diverse
backgrounds and interests to create collaborative, lasting solutions to the
world's most pressing conservation and sustainability challenges.*