[Coral-List] Blue Ocean Business Summit Invitation

Laurie Wilson divetravelbusiness at gmail.com
Mon Jun 1 13:05:37 EDT 2015

Hi Quenton
Great to hear from you. And thanks for your comments. Although we can't
cover everything, we will be going far and wide during this summit. We will
be addressing anthropogenic-induced  climate change, sea level rise,
plastic pollution, overfishing, biodiversity loss, coral reef degradation,
overdevelopment, cruiseship damage, oil spills and more. We will be talking
about the sustainable business model and industry standards now available
that target energy mgt, waste and waste water mgt, carbon mgt, supply chain
mgt. The list goes on. We talk specifically about carrying capacity with
one particular resort - Misool eco Resort in Raja Ampat - and discuss how
popularity is the bane of conservation. These are broad stroke discussions,
but highlight the areas where our industry is vulnerable, impactful and can
be part of the solution. I hope this clarifies things. Thanks again,
Quenton. Your input means a lot.
Laurie