[Coral-List] More conformation bias

Steve Mussman sealab at earthlink.net
Tue Jun 16 13:48:04 EDT 2015

For the record, my conformation bias has now been superseded by contradiction bias.

That is another well-tested phenomenon whereby one develops a predisposition to reject anything
denialists have to say regarding science and climate change. "Good scientists are skeptical. Denial is different. It is the automatic gainsaying of a claim regardless of the evidence for it – sometimes even in the teeth of evidence. Denialism is typically driven by ideology or belief, where the commitment to the belief takes precedence over the evidence".