[Coral-List] Free software for percent cover analysis?

zoerscott8 at gmail.com zoerscott8 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 16 14:27:16 EDT 2015

Hi,

I’m trying to analyze some photos of fouling communities to figure out the percent cover of the species, is there a really good (free) program recommended for this? I’m thinking I’d like to lay down 50 random or non-random points on a picture, then count the points per species to get percent cover. In a lab I worked for in the past I used Coral Point Count (CPC) to analyze photos from coral reefs, which worked really well, but no longer have access to that software. Any advice is appreciated!

Cheers,

Zoë

--

Zoë Scott