[Coral-List] Climate change

David M. Lawrence dave at fuzzo.com
Thu Jun 18 14:48:37 EDT 2015

Actually quote is from Robert M. Schoch's book, "Forgotten
Civilizations," published by Inner Traditions in 2012.

Here's the dust jacket copy for the book:

Scientific confirmation of advanced civilization at the end of the last
ice age, the solar catastrophe that destroyed it, and what the evidence
means for our future

• Demonstrates, based on the 12,000-year-old megalithic complex of
Göbekli Tepe, that advanced civilization extends thousands of years
further back than generally acknowledged

• Examines the catastrophic solar outbursts that ended the last ice age,
wiping out antediluvian civilization and incinerating much of the
evidence of that period

• Reveals data that show solar outbursts powerful enough to devastate
modern society could return in the future

Building upon his revolutionary theory that the Sphinx dates back much
further than 2500 BCE, geologist Robert Schoch reveals scientific
evidence of advanced civilization predating ancient Egypt, Sumeria, and
Greece, as well as the catastrophe that destroyed it nearly 12,000 years
ago and what its legacy can teach us about our own future.

Combining evidence from multiple scientific disciplines, Schoch shows
how the last ice age ended abruptly in 9700 BCE due to coronal mass
ejections from the Sun. These solar outbursts unleashed
electrical/plasma discharges upon Earth and triggered volcanic activity,
earthquakes, fires, and massive floods as glaciers melted and lightning
strikes released torrential rains from the oceans. He explains how these
events eradicated the civilization of the time and set humanity back
thousands of years, only to reemerge around 3500 BCE with scattered
memories and nascent abilities. He explores within this framework, how
many megalithic monuments, underground cities, and ancient legends fall
logically into place, as well as the reinterpreted Easter Island
rongorongo texts and the intentional burial, 10,000 years ago, of the
Göbekli Tepe complex in Turkey. Schoch reveals scientific evidence that
shows how history could repeat itself with a coronal mass ejection
powerful enough to devastate modern society.

Weaving together a new view of the origins of civilization, the truths
behind ancient wisdom, and the dynamics of the planet we live on, Schoch
maintains we must heed the megalithic warning of the past and
collectively prepare for future events.

--

As for me, I suspect Edgar Cayce is a more reliable source than Schoch,
which isn't encouraging.

Later,

Dave