[Coral-List] How to write and publish a scientific paper

David Shiffman david.shiffman at gmail.com
Fri Mar 6 11:12:11 EST 2015

Hello, everyone! I turned a recent intern training/ professional
development workshop on "how to write and publish a scientific paper in
marine ecology and conservation" into a blog post so that others can
benefit from the resource. It is designed for beginning graduate students
and advanced undergraduates.

http://www.southernfriedscience.com/?p=18236

This post includes tips ranging from title selection to choosing the
appropriate journal to how to actually upload your paper to a journal
submission site. Examples are provided throughout.

There are many strategies for each of these tasks, and I've shared here the
ones that work well for me personally. There are other strategies and
students should seek them out to figure out what works best for you.

Please let me know what you think, feel free to suggest alternative
strategies in the comments section of the blog! And please share with
students who you think may be interested.

Thanks, all!

Sincerely,

--

*David Shiffman*
*Ph.D. Student, Research Assistant,*

[image: RJD]

*e: *david.shiffman at gmail.com | *p: *412.915.2309
*a: *4600 Rickenbacker Cswy, Miami, Florida, 33149
*t: *@WhySharksMatter <http://twitter.com/#!/WhySharksMatter> | *b: *Southern
Fried Science Blog <http://www.southernfriedscience.com/>