[Coral-List] Caribbean Marine Ecology Camp (14 - 18 year old)

Tom Sparke tsparke at reefresearch.org
Wed May 27 11:06:36 EDT 2015

PROGRAMME: Caribbean Marine Ecology Camp (CMEC)

LOCATION

The Central Caribbean Marine Institute, Little Cayman

AGE GROUP

14 - 18 years old

PROGRAMME DATES

August 16th - 23rd, 2015

PROGRAMME OVERVIEW

CCMI invites students with a passion for the ocean to explore Little
Cayman's pristine coral reefs this summer on CCMI's very own Sea Camp. Each
themed day is packed of immersive classroom activities on marine
conservation, field trips to the uninhabited Owen Island, lionfish
dissections and SCUBA diving alongside our marine scientists and more.
Students an incredible amount of fun mixing with a diverse range of
Caymanian and International students, with many returning the following
year.

APPLICATION

Application forms and more information can be found on our website:
http://reefresearch.org/education/primary-and-secondary-education-k-12/#link
-1 Places are limited to 18 students. Scuba divers are encouraged to apply,
but non-certified participants are also accepted.

COST

US$1999* includes room, 3 meals a day, pickup and return to Little Cayman
airport, all field trips and SCUBA diving. Price does not include flights or
dive accident insurance. *Scholarships are available for Caymanian students.

CONTACT

For more information on the program or to submit an application, please
contact Tom Sparke, Education & Programme Coordinator at CCMI, at
tsparke at reefresearch.org <mailto:tsparke at reefresearch.org> .

Tom Sparke

Education and Programme Coordinator

Central Caribbean Marine Institute