[Coral-List] Number of Signees of ISRS Coral Bleaching & Climate Change Petition reaches 1000

Tim tim at atolleditions.com.au
Fri Nov 13 20:31:07 EST 2015

Dear Rupert,

thank you for your draft letter to send to colleagues, can I suggest to those forwarding emails they include into the statement below recognition of countries in the Indian Ocean affected by the decline of live coral on reefs since 1998 and/or recent coral bleaching which has been observed in some areas of the Northern Atolls of the Maldives and also some reports of bleaching in the south.

For example:

> Because of this and other factors the amount of live coral on reefs as far apart as the
> Caribbean and the Great Barrier Reef is now only a third to a half of
> what it was historically. In fact, as I write, coral bleaching is
> occurring across the Pacific in places as far apart as Hawaii, the
> Great Barrier Reef, AND THE INDIAN OCEAN, INCLUDING MALDIVES and right across the northern Caribbean.

Thank you and regards,

Tim Godfrey
Atoll Editions
www.atolleditions.com.au