[Coral-List] Cost of Moving Coral Heads?

Jean Jaubert jmjaubert at wanadoo.fr
Mon Oct 5 16:11:53 EDT 2015

October 5, 2015

Dear Charles,

35 years ago Claude Bouchon, his wife and I transpanted coral heads,
which otherwise would have been destroyed because of the enlargement
of the port of Aqaba (Jordan). The operation was really cheap because
we used large bags filled with air to lift them and then a small boat
was powerful enough to tow them from the original site to a safe place

Bouchon C., Jaubert J., Bouchon-Navaro Y. (1981). Evolution ofa
semi-artificial reefbuilt by transplanting coral heads. Tethys 10:
173-176

Best regards,

Jean Jaubert