[Coral-List] Cost of Moving Coral Heads?

Bill Allison allison.billiam at gmail.com
Mon Oct 5 19:49:07 EDT 2015

I wonder what the total costs are (i.e., the costs including so-called
externalities such as greenhouse gas emissions for boat fuel, transport of
workers to site, dive tank fills, lift bag air, metals, concrete, epoxy
etc).

On Mon, Oct 5, 2015 at 9:57 AM, Delbeek, Charles <CDelbeek at calacademy.org>
wrote:

> There have been some recent examples of moving corals for dredging and
> port projects such in Key West and in the Port of Miami. I am curious, what
> does it cost to move corals in terms of real dollars? Is it charged by the
> piece? By the size? By surface area?
>
> Input from anyone who has been involved in something like this would be
> appreciated.
>
> Best regards,
>
> J. Charles Delbeek M.Sc.
> Assistant Curator, Steinhart Aquarium
>
> Desk: 4153795303
> Cell: 4158590420
> Fax: 4153795304
>
> 55 Music Concourse Dr.
> Golden Gate Park
> San Francisco CA 94118
>
> Dive into the world of the ocean's mightiest and most mysterious animals
> in our newest exhibit, Whales: Giants of the Deep. Now through Nivember 29,
> 2015.

"... the earth is, always has been, and always will be more beautiful than
it is useful." - Ophuls, 1977