[Coral-List] "Us", "Them" and marine conservation

martina m.milanese at studioassociatogaia.com
Thu Oct 15 10:35:07 EDT 2015

Dear all,

following upon recent and past threads concerning communication,
awareness raising and conservation I'm pleased to share the link to the
latest issue of Ocean & Coastal Management, stemming from the 3rd
International Marine Conservation Congress held in Glasgow in August 2014.

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/journal/09645691/115

Here I'm highlighting some of the featured articles that may add to the
discussion:

- Competitive outreach in the 21st century: Why we need conservation
marketing
- Challenges, insights and perspectives associated with using
social-ecological science for marine conservation
- Understanding audiences: Making public perceptions research matter to
marine conservation
- “Back off, man, I'm a scientist!” When marine conservation science
meets policy
- Fish tales: Combating fake science in popular media

I'd also like to say that joining the 3rd IMCC was absolutely
energizing, engaging and enlightening given the diversity of
perspectives, approaches and disciplines involved. A real pity I won't
make it to the 2016 IMCC!

With my best regards

Martina

--
Dr Martina Milanese, PhD

skype: m.milanese
it.linkedin.com/pub/martina-milanese/36/634/469/
twitter: @martix_m

Italian Mob. +39-338-1196672
Moroccan Mob. +212-636808514

Studio Associato Gaia Snc dei Dottori Antonio Sarà e Martina Milanese
Via Brigata Liguria 1/9 scala A
16121 Genova - Italy
PI 01600400996