[Coral-List] Inadequate emissions pledges for Paris COP21

Peter Sale sale at uwindsor.ca
Wed Oct 21 00:00:51 EDT 2015

Hi listers,
I think climate change is relevant to coral reefs, el Ninos and bleaching events.  I've just posted some info on the INDCs (Intended Nationally Determined Contributions) re GHG emissions now available.  As several organizations have reported, they are inadequate to achieve a 2 degree C maximum rise in global temperature.  I look particularly at Canada's, which along with those from Russia, Japan, Australia, South Korea, South Africa, New Zealand and Singapore has been judged inadequate.  There is plenty of room for improvement there, and with a new Prime Minister just elected, who promised to do something re climate change, just maybe Canada will avoid earning yet another fossil of the year award in December.  See the comments at http://tinyurl.com/nl3z3v6

If we care about reefs, we should be pressuring all countries to up their game at Paris.

Peter Sale

web:                      www.petersalebooks.com<http://www.petersalebooks.com>
Twitter:                PeterSale3