[Coral-List] Inadequate emissions pledges for Paris COP21

Richard Dunne RichardPDunne at aol.com
Thu Oct 22 08:28:00 EDT 2015

I have always wondered what the term "Consensus Statement" actually
meant. Consensus of whom and of what? At least one of the reviewers,
whose names are on the Statement, has told me that they are not wholly
in agreement with what it contains.

Should it not simply be a "Statement by ISRS"? I am sure there are many
others with a slightly different viewpoint on this subject who are also
members of ISRS. We used to have ISRS Briefing Papers and ISRS
Statements - why do we now need a "Consensus Statement" when in reality
it is quite likely to be nothing of the sort.

Richard P Dunne