[Coral-List] Use of iDive housing / iPad for underwater data

Diego F di8go11 at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 23 03:26:05 EDT 2015

Hola Dominique,

I had the opportunity to work in the Reef Ecology Laboratory (at KAUST) where the idea of iDive was born. I was lucky enough to test the first prototypes and the current commercial version. My experience was pretty good. I used it mostly with the Co2 cartridges, while freediving, for photography (corals and fish) and video data collection (whale sharks). The cartridge can last from one single dive up to two days, it depends mostly of the depth where you are working. Probably the best approach for your data collection is to use it connected to the air tank. I can send you some pics in case you want to check the quality and resolution. Also try to contact my previous supervisor (Michael Berumen) for more detailed questions/explanations.

Cheers,

Diego F. Lozano-Cortés