[Coral-List] Seagrass Biology Workshop - Call for proposals

Richard Unsworth richardunsworth at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 15 15:49:28 EDT 2015

Dear Coral List

                         The 12th International Seagrass Biology Workshop in 2016 will be held at Nant Gwrtheyrn (17th to 22nd October 2016) in North Wales, UK. The theme of the workshop will be ‘Securing a  future for seagrass’. We’ve secured a great line up of plenary speakers (Carlos Duarte, Johan Eklof, Peter Macreadie and Ivan Nagelkerken) and hope to have a great turnout.

Today we’ve finally launched our website and hope to open registration in the coming few weeks. Please visit www.isbw12.org

Most importantly we need the participation and enthusiasm of the wider seagrass science community to make the ISBW happen, which is why we have the following call for workshop proposals:

Call for Workshop Proposals

ISBW12 will be split between morning presentations and afternoon workshops. We request proposals from individuals and groups wishing to run workshops.

We strongly encourage proposals from individuals and groups involved in cutting edge seagrass science or practice that can demonstrate how their proposed workshop, or focus group “makes seagrass science matter.” We also encourage proposals that align with a specific topic(s) of interest. We want scientists to be involved, to contribute to sessions and/or to learn new skills. Workshops don’t need to be large and could focus on specific national regional or research network interest. There are a range of different potential venues throughout the conference centre that can facilitate a variety of workshop formats and size.

All symposia and focus groups are expected to produce tangible and actionable outputs that could advance seagrass science and foster greater research and conservation collaboration (e.g., peer-reviewed paper, policy statement, funding proposal, new initiatives, media output, learning new skills). We encourage workshops to limit the amount of presentations.

We will review, however, all workshop proposals. Our key criteria for prioritizing submissions are proposals that “make seagrass science matter.”

Proposals are to be submitted on 1 page of A4 to ISBW2016 at projectseagrass.org by 1st February 2016. MOST IMPORTANTLY – proposals should clearly denote the proposed output for the focus group or workshop

We look forward to welcoming you to Wales.

Richard Unsworth and the ISBW12 team.

Sent from Windows Mail