[Coral-List] suctioning off black band disease

Greta Aeby greta at hawaii.edu
Mon Sep 28 09:57:39 EDT 2015

Julian,

Attached is the original work by Hudson and a paper we recently published
where we modified the method to treat black band disease on corals in
Hawaii.  We removed the band and covered the area with a marine epoxy with
a 2nd band of epoxy in the healthy tissue as a "firebreak".  We tried it
first as Harold did but found that the modeling clay didn't attach as
solidly as a non-toxic marine epoxy.   Glad you guys are out there working
on helping the reefs out!!

aloha,

greta

Greta S. Aeby, PhD