[Coral-List] The Hydrous Project Manager Position

Sly Lee sly at thehydro.us
Sat Apr 9 13:19:33 EDT 2016

Position: Project Manager of The Hydrous

Application Deadline: May 1, 2016

The Hydrous:

www.thehydro.us

We are a 501(c)3 non-profit organization on a mission to create open access
oceans. We are empowering local stakeholders, combining design thinking +
exponential technologies to co-create sustainable communities and social
impact.

Unfortunately coral reefs are under severe stress from local and global
threats, yet traditional methods of monitoring them are extremely limited.
We have developed a methodology to capture corals in high resolution,
interactive 3D computer models, which is opening new windows of insight
into these precious resources.

We’re dedicated to creating massive social and sustainable impact around
oceans using new forms of visual media. We bring together technologists,
scientists, artists, entrepreneurs, local citizen scientists, and local
educators who are passionate about oceans and creating positive social
impact. We use the principles of rapid prototyping to help find solutions
to issues about sustainability and resilience, especially in the face of
climate change.

Position Summary:

The Project Manager (PM) will take on key leadership roles, helping drive
the vision of The Hydrous forward, while also managing current projects and
future projects.

Current projects include:

   -

   Scientific measurements of 3D coral models/ scientific papers
   -

   Field expeditions to the Maldives
   -

   3D online coral platform development
   -

   Virtual Reality coral reef content development
   -

   Bronze and glass coral casting for art and education
   -

   Large scale 3D printing of coral models for exhibits and education
   -

   Global outreach through documentaries, social media campaigns and
   partnerships with WIRED, Core 77, Fast Co., and dive magazines.
   -

   Lenovo partnership

The PM will also develop future collaborations to expand the scope of
impact. Some collaborations in the process include:

   -

   Netflix
   -

   United Nations Environment Program
   -

   Bryce Groark (Mission Blue)
   -

   Genesis Development Collaborative (http://gendevcollaborative.com/) for
   VR content
   -

   Future expeditions in Australia, Galapagos, Florida, Philippines

The PM will also lead logistics, administrative, and outreach tasks that
include:

   -

   Payroll
   -

   Taxes
   -

   Fundraising/ grant writing
   -

   Contact management with the 16+ NGO’s and 12+ Universities in The
   Hydrous’ network.
   -

   Organizing and structuring the Board of Directors
   -

   Speaking at conferences and events

Essential Skills

   -

   Project management
   -

   Team Leadership
   -

   Grant writing
   -

   Administrative/ Logistics experience

Preferred skills

   -

   Scuba diving
   -

   Experience working with local stakeholders
   -

   Experience leading field expeditions
   -

   Underwater photographer experience
   -

   Videography/ video editing experience
   -

   Cross disciplinary experience in art, science, and technology
   -

   Technology enthusiast
   -

   Experience with rapid prototyping and design thinking
   -

   Public Speaking

Minimum Qualifications

   -

   Bachelor’s degree in either marine
   science/communications/photography/business with relevant experience in
   each field

Preferred Qualifications

   -

   M.S. or Ph.D. in either marine
   science/communications/photography/business with relevant experience in
   each field

How to apply:

Answer following questions via Google Forms: http://goo.gl/forms/MyIgKFmnG3

Best,
Sly

--
*Sly Lee*
Founder, The Hydrous

See our most impactful expedition in Maldives
<http://vimeo.com/thehydrous/maldives>
In the news |  Singularity Hub
<http://singularityhub.com/2015/10/29/3d-mapping-the-worlds-reefs-with-sly-lee-interview/?utm_content=buffer2cd6d&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer>
, Core 77 <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AR_VqMNXDtE>, Fast Company