[Coral-List] An extensive reef system at the Amazon River mouth

Carlos Eduardo Leite Ferreira carlosferreira at id.uff.br
Tue Apr 26 10:44:07 EDT 2016

This is actually the same reef!! Also there is another ref about those
reefs.

Uyeno, T., Matsuura, K. & Fujii, E. (1983). *Fishes Trawled off Surinam and
French **Guiana*. Tokyo: Japan Marine Fishery Resource Research Center.

Cheers,

Carlos E L Eduardo

> Is this a different reef from the one described by Collette and Ruztler in
> 1977 in the proceedings of the third ICRS?
>
> Sent by my digital assistant, please excuse it's typos.
>
> On Apr 25, 2016, at 8:48 PM, "fducarme at mnhn.fr" <fducarme at mnhn.fr> wrote:
>

>   Dear all,
>
> Here is a fascinating paper about an unexepected reef just below the Amazon
> river mouth, challenging common knowledge about reef systems.
>
> R. L. Moura, G. M. Amado-Filho, F. C. Moraes, [...], F. L. Thompson, AN
> EXTENSIVE REEF SYSTEM AT THE[1] AMAZON RIVER MOUTH[2]. /Sci. Adv. /2,
> e1501252 (2016).
>
> Best regards,
>
> Frédéric Ducarme
>
> Muséum National d'Histoire Naturelle
> Centre d'Ecologie et des Sciences de la COnservation (UMR 7204)
>

> Liens:
> ------
> [1] http://advances.sciencemag.org/content/2/4/e1501252
> [2] http://advances.sciencemag.org/content/2/4/e1501252

Carlos Eduardo Leite Ferreira, Dr.
Lab. de Ecologia e Conservação de Ambientes Recifais
Universidade Federal Fluminense (UFF)
Departamento de Biologia Marinha
Caixa Postal 100644,
Niterói-RJ 24210130,